Mitigate the destructive effects of moisture vapor emissions with these great solutions.
WAKOL PU-280 MOISTURE BARRIER 1-PART
One-component waterproof primer for priming porous/absorbent and non-porous subfloors and for rigidifying soft subfloor surfaces. WAKOL PU 280 Moisture Barrier is a premium moisture barrier for “green” concrete slabs and for concrete and offers two levels of moisture protection.
- Zero VOC
- Fast curing
- Solvent and water free
- Not affected by water when cured
- No mixing required
- Approved for radiant heated floors
- Easy to spread
- Excellent coverage
- One coat will block moisture up to 12 lbs. / 1000 sq.ft. / 24 hours or up to 90% rH (ASTM F 2170-02).
- Two coats will block moisture up to 18 lbs. / 1000 sq.ft. / 24 hours or up to 98% rH (ASTM F 2170-02).
MAPEI PLANISEAL VS
Planiseal VS is an alkali-resistant, two-component, 100%-solids epoxy coating that effectively stops moisture-related problems with floor coverings. In addition, Planiseal VS expedites floor-covering installations by eliminating the traditional wait time required for new concrete slabs to reach moisture levels suitable for installations.
- Compliant with ASTM F3010
- Can be installed directly over clean concrete without mechanical profiling
- No moisture testing required
- Alkali-resistant, two-component, 100%-solids epoxy coating that effectively stops moisture-related problems with floor coverings
- Moisture vapor emission rates (MVERs) of up to 25 lbs. per 1,000 sft per 24 hours are reduced to below the limit of 3 lbs. per 1,000 sft required for many types of finished flooring, when the designated film thickness is applied
- Applied in a single-coat application system, offers low viscosity with high-density resins that effectively reduce MVER by penetrating deep into the substrate and effecting consolidation well beneath the surface
- May be used to consolidate friable substrates such as weak gypsum-based underlayments or lightweight concretes before the application of floor finishes
- Compatible with a wide number of primers and adhesives typically used with flooring installations, such as tile, vinyl composition tile (VCT), carpet, sheet vinyl, wood and other floor-finishing products
KOVARA AB 300 & DS Tape
KOVARA® AB 300 is a patent-pending, self-adhered, pre-fabricated moisture barrier designed to protect floor coverings from staining, warping and adhesive deterioration that may result from water vapor emissions and alkaline salts infiltrating through the concrete slab.
- Installation in a fraction of the time of fluid-applied moisture barriers
- Self-adhered to subfloor with a specialty designed adhesive to prevent movement under heavy rolling loads and foot traffic
- Split adhesive release liner allows quick peel-and-stick application
- Reduced labor costs and improved project capacity for contractors
KOVARA Double-Sided Seam Tape (required for installation)
For each roll of KOVARA® AB 300 membranes, the following additional installation components are required for sealing seams:
- 1-2 rolls of KOVARA® Double-Sided Tape
- KOVARA® MBX Topical Seam Tape is not required for KOVARA® AB 300 installations